Tuesday, October 23, 2007

fuck that cow

One of the many things I do not get about the Weight Watchers message boards is how people are always going on about Laughing Cow cheese like it's so great. Have they never had real cheese? Guys, don't trust a dairy product that doesn't need refrigeration! Laughing Cow tastes like plastic, as, in my experiences, do all low-fat cheeses. Fat is what makes cheese good. If you're going to eat something fat free, why would you eat cheese?

Here's what absolutely confuses me: all Laughing Cow products are at least one or two points per serving. Fat free cheeses are generally one point. For two points, you can have an ounce of goat cheese. Let me tell you: an ounce of goat cheese? Is a whole lot of goat cheese. It is 1/4 of a small package of the rich, delightful stuff. Next time you think about reaching for the Laughing Cow (that cow, by the way, is laughing at you for being such a sucker), why not try an ounce of soft goat cheese instead? It's great in a salad, delicious spread onto a Wasa crispbread and topped with tomatoes, and perfect in my favorite pasta dish of the moment.

Seven Point Goat Cheese Pasta

Ingredients
1 tsp olive oil
1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
2 tbsp sage
1 oz goat cheese
1 cup Barilla Plus rotini

Instructions
1) Heat olive oil in skillet
2) Add garlic and saute until translucent
3) Add tomatoes and smash down until a sauce forms
4) While this is happening, make pasta
5) Add sage to tomato sauce
6) Toss pasta, sauce, and goat cheese together until cheese melts.

This pasta is ridiculously simple (it takes about 15 minutes to throw together), tastes incredible (the melted cheese does a great impression of a cream sauce), and fills you up for a reasonable amount of points. Let's see Laughing Cow try that!

3 comments:

Trisha said...

I totally agree with you about that silly Laughing Cow cheese! I will have to try this pasta recipe! I am glad I stumbled across your blog.

That Chick Over There said...

I HATE that Laughing Cow crap. I thought I was the only one!!!

Carrie M said...

fab recipe, thanks!! goat cheese is the cheese served in heaven.