Thursday, October 25, 2007

why i love weight watchers

Here's what I ate today:

2 Wasa whole wheat Crispbreads, each with 1 teaspoon of butter and 1/2 tablespoon of strawberry jam (4 points)
1 coffee with 1 tablespoon of sugar (1 point)
1 Trader Joe's roasted garlic chicken sausage (3 points)
1 serving mashed potatoes with goat cheese and basil (5 points)
24 bite sized Frosted Mini Wheats (3 points)
7 Trader Joe's chicken & vegetable gyoza (4 points)
1 cup steamed spinach with lemon juice (0 points)
1 white chocolate covered Oreo (2 points)

Could I have had another five Oreos? Hell yeah. Am I completely full and satisfied after having eaten exactly the amount of my daily points? Yep. Listen. When I feel deprived, I get mad. When I get mad, I eat a shit ton. When I don't feel deprived, however, I can stop when I'm full, which is probably not such a revolutionary concept for most people, but is a major breakthrough for me. That list right up there is full of nothing but awesome, delicious foods (even if I did put too much lemon juice on my spinach for the second time in a row). I don't feel deprived in the least.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I love your blog! I love weight watchers for the same reason you do -- moderation, etc. Please keep posting, I want to keep reading!