Thursday, November 1, 2007

all i want for autumn is squash

I love carbs and I love starch. If I ever went on Atkins, I would be the crankiest bitch of all time. Since joining Weight Watchers, I've learned to minimize my starch intake, but I'm not going to lie, most of my meals involve pasta or rice or potatoes. Last night, I made the starchiest/best recipe of, perhaps, all time. I completely think that the whole Jessica Seinfeld Deceptively Delicious thing is bullshit, but after trying this pasta with squash, goat cheese, and bacon, I understand how she gets away with stuffing mac and cheese with butternut squash. The recipe tastes like some of the best, creamiest mac and cheese you've ever had with a bonus kick of sweetness from the squash and awesomeness from the bacon. I got it from Serious Eats which found it in Real Simple. I used rotini (Barilla Plus, if you care) instead of linguine and a little more chicken stock and garlic than the recipe called for. I am seriously counting down the days until I can make this again. It's 9 points, 8 if you dial down the bacon a little or use whole wheat pasta. Seriously. Make it tonight. You will not regret it.

No comments: